48V 5A DIN Rail DC UPS System
The CBI series of DC-UPS units have the ability to smart-manage the available power between the load and the battery. When mains failure occurs, the load continues to be supplied by the battery in backup mode. It is also possible to switch on the device with no mains directly from battery.
The “Battery Care” algorithm performs rapid and automatic charging, battery charge optimization during time, flat batteries recovery and real time diagnosis during installation and operation. Thank to its advanced Charging curve and wide charging current, the CBI DC UPS System is suitable for both standby (few dischargers per year) and cyclic application ( discharged and charged on a regular basis).
The DIN Rail DC UPS modules are powerful and efficient, capable of simultaneously supplying their rated current to both the load and the battery (up to 3x the current to the load for short durations). The full impedance test provides peace of mind that the batteries can supply the load when needed, so there is no need to have technicians travel to site just to test batteries.
- Combines all system power functions power supply, battery charger, UPS circuitry and status monitoring in ONE compact DIN rail mount unit
- Dual outputs for load and battery:
- “Load priority” output distribution ensures power is dedicated first to the load, with remainder then allocated to battery charging, thus preventing a discharged battery from impacting operation of critical loads.
- 3 step charging for rapid battery recovery, programmable for battery type, with optional temperature compensation sensor
- Battery automatically supports load anytime AC fails
- Low voltage disconnect prevents total battery discharge
- Automatic periodic battery health diagnosis
Monitoring & Control
The real time auto-diagnostic system monitors battery faults such as sulphated battery, shorted cells, accidental reverse polarity connection or disconnection of the battery. Each fault is signaled by a blink code of Diagnosis Led or via Modbus ( CBI243-5A – CBI123-6-10A, CBI485A models don’t have Modbus) in order to be easily detected and removed during the installation and operation. The continuous monitoring of battery efficiency reduces risk of battery damage and allows a safe operation in permanent connection. Isolated alarm relay contacts to notify status (mains on/off) and backup ( Battery replacement, faulty battery or Faulty System).
One Device for All Battery Types
All devices are suitable to charge most batteries types thanks to user selectable charging curves, they can charge open lead acid, sealed lead acid, Gel, Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Li Ion batteries. It is possible to change or add other charging curves by connecting the device to a portable PC. Charging mode is then completely automated.
Avoid Deep Battery Discharge
In case of mains failure, the battery will supply the load until battery voltage reaches 1.5Vpc (Volt per cell). Below this level the device automatically switches off to prevent deep discharge and battery damage.
Start from Battery without Mains
If you want to restart the system while the mains is off, a battery restart functions is available, via RTCONN, or via pushbutton in the front panel.