DC Power Supplies for Land Mobile Radio Applications
LMR systems are terrestrially-based, wireless communications systems commonly used by federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial emergency responders, public works companies, and even the military to support voice and low-speed data communications. LMR systems typically consist of handheld portable radios, mobile radios, base stations, a network, and repeaters.
Police, firefighters, emergency medical services and public transport network rely on their LMR system for mission critical voice communications. The ability to have comprehensive monitoring and control of the DC power plant at radio communication sites ultimately enhances the effectiveness of LMR networks. Helios Power Solutions provides the best technology of DC Power Systems for the LMR network.
Check out our lastest application specific newsletter HERE and find out how communications network designers are adopting new technologies based on buidling a robust and more reliable communication network for costumers as well as for operators.
- High-Efficiency 1RU Power Supplies with Battery Backup & LVD For Reliable Quality of Service (Platinum Series)
- TCP/IP Monitoring and Control of Power Supply Outputs
- Load Distribution Panels Can Monitor and Power Cycle Connected Loads
- DC to AC Inverters with Remote Output Control Over Ethernet & High-Efficiency Conversion to Minimize Power Loss
- DC to DC Isolated Converters in a range of sizes for small to large sites (Isolated Series DC-DC Converter)
- High efficiency, hot-swappable DC Power Systems up to 5.6KW (Modular Power Series)
- 48, 24 or 12 volt DC output (POS or NEG)
- Flexible options for fully managed load and battery configurations
- Advanced battery management features including discharge testing, temperature-compensated charging, state of charge and estimated run-time remaining
- DC to AC Inverters with remote monitoring and output control over Ethernet to reboot AC devices ( Sine Wave Series DC-AC Inverter)
Custom Solutions For Land Mobile Radio Applications
Battery Charger for Emergency Applications – Fire Service Rescue NSW
AMP-K5913 is specially designed to power a paging system which in turn sends out SMS alerts to residents in the bush fire danger zone to evacuate. The unit consists of internal 2 x 500W power supplies wired in N+1 redundancy to provide continuance of operation in case one power supply fails. The 1U unit also provides TCP/IP control and monitoring, battery circuit breakers and four-position breaker protected power distribution. Each distributed output can be power cycled remotely. The power system will also send email alerts in case of system failure.
- Automatic reboot for a selected output channel when network connection is lost
- Mains Redundancy System (optional)
- Remote Monitoring for Individual Output Current (4 Channels)
- Battery Voltage Remote and Local Monitoring
- Circuit breaker for every output channel
Mission-critical communications rely on fixed or transportable repeaters to keep the transmit power up under the most adverse conditions. Each site or installation point might be different due to weather and terrain conditions, so having options regarding the power unit of the communication equipment is essential for Land Mobile Network Applications. For integrators and end-users of Land Mobile Radio Applications having the chance to design power supplies and distribution units according to their application is a great advantage because parameters such as compactness, reliability and network management can be unified in one single unit.
Customized DC Power Systems for Land Mobile Radio Applications
Below are some features that are normally customized:
- Output Terminals (special terminals for Radio Communication Equipment)
- Adjustable output voltage
- Single and Multiple Output DC systems
- Form Factor and mounting
- Conformal Coating for harsh environments
- Front and back access output distribution
- Fully managed load and battery configurations
- Advanced battery management
- Remote Alarms Emails
- LED signals
- Digital display for battery, main and output parameters
- Communications Enable
- Portable Systems
If an off-the-shelf product does not meet your requirements our engineering department will design a suitable solution based on your application specifications. More than 35 years of experience getting to know the needs of our customers allows us to understand power problems better than other providers, and to quickly design/deliver solutions specifically tailored to solve your engineering challenges. Please Contact Us, our team of engineers are ready to assist your power conversion requirements.
Land Mobile Radio - Off the Shelf DC Power Systems
Comments are closed